Family Law Reform:
- Advocacy Resources including CEDAW Reports
- Legal Resources including Muslim family codes comparison
- Country-specific legal texts
- Bibliographies on Muslim Family Law
29 countries have reached the 30 percent mark in women's representation in parliament; at least 24 of those 29 have used quotas.
- Data on Women's Representation in Politics
- Quotas database and report
- International legal agreements including the Beijing Platform, ICCPR and CPRW
- Glossary and additional online ressources
Women's Human Rights:
- CEDAW text and optional protocol
- CEDAW advocacy material: "Equality without reservation" campaign, report in the Arab World, guides and learning resources
- CEDAW status in WLP countries
Women, Peace and Security:
- UN Security Council Resolutions
- 1325 National Action Plans and 1325+10 materials
- Violence Against Women reports and resolutions
Alerts & Updates
April 10, 2014
Leading to Action, Middle East, Leadership, Jordan
From January 30-February 3, 2014 WLP Jordan/Sisterhood Is Global Institute/Jordan (SIGI/J) held the second phase of the MENA Regional Training of Trainers Institute in Women’s Leadership and Political Participation (TOT) in Amman, Jordan with participants representing organizations in Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.
April 10, 2014
Americas, Leading To Choices, Brazil, Leadership
WLP’s partner in Brazil, Cidadania, Estudo, Pesquisa, Informaçao e Açao (Cepia), has launched an initiative to build the leadership capabilities of women from the Pacified Communities of Rio de Janeiro. The UPP Program (Pacification Police Units) was established in 2008 in response to the high level of violence in low income urban communities (favelas). The UPPs provide a permanent police presence in the community, including more intensive policing and provision of social services.
November 30, 2012
Asia, Human Rights, human rights, Human Rights Alerts, Human Rights Center/ Citizens Against Corruption, Kyrgyzstan, Leading To Choices, Kyrgyzstan
On November 27, 2012, the Inter-District Court of Bishkek dismissed a complaint brought to the court by Tolekan Ismailova, Director of WLP Kyrgyzstan/Human Rights Center-“Citizens Against Corruption” and the human rights Bir Duyno Film Festival.