Political Participation Resources
Women are almost twice as likely to be ministers for social sectors and welfare, than for the economy, trade and finance.
Women's Representation in Politics Data
- Women in Politics: 2010 (poster)
- Women in National Parliaments
- Facts and Figures: Women in Parliament data for WLP countries
- Current Women Heads of State and Government
29 countries have reached the 30 percent mark in women's representation in parliament; at least 24 of those 29 have used quotas.
- "Quotas as a Gender Equity Measure" by Delphine Torres
- Quotaproject.org: Global Database of Quotas for Women
- Facts and Figures: Quota data for WLP countries
International Legal Agreements
“Despite their critical role in community development and mobilizing for gender equality, women’s organizations receive only a fraction of official development aid. According to OECD figures, in 2008, women’s organizations received just 0.3 percent of such aid.
- "Women in Power and Decision-making" from the Beijing Platform for Action, The United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women
- ICCPR : International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- CPRW: Convention on the Political Rights of Women
- Glossary of Political Participation Terms from Leading to Action: A Political Participation Handbook
- Online Resources for Women's Political Participation from Leading to Action: A Political Participation Handbook
Alerts & Updates
July 9, 2014 | Africa, benkirane, Claiming Equal Citizenship, economic empowerment, Human Rights, Morocco, Rights & Reservations: Realizing CEDAW, women, Political Participation, Morocco
Press Release: Morocco's Springtime for Dignity Coalition Decries Prime Minister's Speech on Women's "Role" (Arabic)June 25, 2014 | 2014, benkirane, Claiming Equal Citizenship, Human Rights, Middle East, Morocco, protest, women's rights, Political Participation, Morocco
Morocco Ministry of Justice Review of Family Code - Springtime for Dignity Press Release (Arabic) / في شأن الندوة الوطنية لوزارة العدل والحريات حول تقييم تطبيق مدونة الأسرةMay 30, 2014 | family code, Family Law Reform, Human Rights, Middle East, Morocco, moudawana, Political Participation, Morocco