Political Participation Resources
Women are almost twice as likely to be ministers for social sectors and welfare, than for the economy, trade and finance.
Women's Representation in Politics Data
- Women in Politics: 2010 (poster)
- Women in National Parliaments
- Facts and Figures: Women in Parliament data for WLP countries
- Current Women Heads of State and Government
29 countries have reached the 30 percent mark in women's representation in parliament; at least 24 of those 29 have used quotas.
- "Quotas as a Gender Equity Measure" by Delphine Torres
- Quotaproject.org: Global Database of Quotas for Women
- Facts and Figures: Quota data for WLP countries
International Legal Agreements
“Despite their critical role in community development and mobilizing for gender equality, women’s organizations receive only a fraction of official development aid. According to OECD figures, in 2008, women’s organizations received just 0.3 percent of such aid.
- "Women in Power and Decision-making" from the Beijing Platform for Action, The United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women
- ICCPR : International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- CPRW: Convention on the Political Rights of Women
- Glossary of Political Participation Terms from Leading to Action: A Political Participation Handbook
- Online Resources for Women's Political Participation from Leading to Action: A Political Participation Handbook
Alerts & Updates
Identity, Gender, and Activism in the Middle East-North Africa: An Online Discussion with Activists & Artists from the RegionDecember 10, 2013 | 2013 Events, Human Rights, Middle East, Egypt, Political Participation, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco
December 6, 2013 | beirut, citizenship, Claiming Equal Citizenship, Middle East, nationality, protest, Political Participation, Lebanon
WLP Morocco/ADFM & Moroccan Women's Organizations Stop Flawed GBV Bill + Achieve Formal CSO ConsultationNovember 15, 2013 | Middle East, Stop Violence Against Women, Political Participation, Morocco