Political Participation Resources
Women are almost twice as likely to be ministers for social sectors and welfare, than for the economy, trade and finance.
Women's Representation in Politics Data
- Women in Politics: 2010 (poster)
- Women in National Parliaments
- Facts and Figures: Women in Parliament data for WLP countries
- Current Women Heads of State and Government
29 countries have reached the 30 percent mark in women's representation in parliament; at least 24 of those 29 have used quotas.
- "Quotas as a Gender Equity Measure" by Delphine Torres
- Quotaproject.org: Global Database of Quotas for Women
- Facts and Figures: Quota data for WLP countries
International Legal Agreements
“Despite their critical role in community development and mobilizing for gender equality, women’s organizations receive only a fraction of official development aid. According to OECD figures, in 2008, women’s organizations received just 0.3 percent of such aid.
- "Women in Power and Decision-making" from the Beijing Platform for Action, The United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women
- ICCPR : International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- CPRW: Convention on the Political Rights of Women
- Glossary of Political Participation Terms from Leading to Action: A Political Participation Handbook
- Online Resources for Women's Political Participation from Leading to Action: A Political Participation Handbook
Alerts & Updates
June 15, 2015 | Africa, Leading to Action, Leading To Choices, Leadership, Leading To Choices Multimedia, Political Participation, Senegal
Training of Trainers in Mutare, Zimbabwe, Brings WLP Model to Schools, Government, and Civil SocietyApril 2, 2015 | Africa, Leading to Action, Leading To Choices, Leadership, Leading To Choices Multimedia, Political Participation, Zimbabwe
December 23, 2014 | Leading to Action, Leading To Choices, Leadership, Egypt, Organizational Capacity Building, Political Participation