Political Participation Resources
Women are almost twice as likely to be ministers for social sectors and welfare, than for the economy, trade and finance.
Women's Representation in Politics Data
- Women in Politics: 2010 (poster)
- Women in National Parliaments
- Facts and Figures: Women in Parliament data for WLP countries
- Current Women Heads of State and Government
29 countries have reached the 30 percent mark in women's representation in parliament; at least 24 of those 29 have used quotas.
- "Quotas as a Gender Equity Measure" by Delphine Torres
- Quotaproject.org: Global Database of Quotas for Women
- Facts and Figures: Quota data for WLP countries
International Legal Agreements
“Despite their critical role in community development and mobilizing for gender equality, women’s organizations receive only a fraction of official development aid. According to OECD figures, in 2008, women’s organizations received just 0.3 percent of such aid.
- "Women in Power and Decision-making" from the Beijing Platform for Action, The United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women
- ICCPR : International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- CPRW: Convention on the Political Rights of Women
- Glossary of Political Participation Terms from Leading to Action: A Political Participation Handbook
- Online Resources for Women's Political Participation from Leading to Action: A Political Participation Handbook
April 28, 2016 | 2016 Events, Africa, mauritania, political participation, Victories Over Violence, women's political participation, Leadership, Political Participation, Leading to Action, Leading To Choices, Victories over Violence, Mauritania
April 27, 2016 | 2016 Events, Africa, Beyond Equality, capacity building, Human Rights, human rights, Leading to Action, Leading to Choices, Morocco, Training of Trainers, youth, Beyond Equality, Leadership, Organizational Capacity Building, Political Participation, Leading to Action, Young & Emerging Leaders, Leading To Choices, Morocco
March 15, 2016 | 2016 Events, Africa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, DRC, Leading to Action, Leading to Choices, political participation, women's political participation, Zimbabwe, Organizational Capacity Building, Political Participation, Leading to Action, Leading To Choices, Zimbabwe