Thank you for your interest in WLP!
We currently have an opening for a Finance and Operations Manager. Please see the job description below for details. Only qualified applicants with complete applications will be considered.
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
Deadline for Applications: June 12, 2015
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.)
Women's Learning Partnership (WLP), a partnership of twenty autonomous organizations primarily in developing countries, trains and supports women grassroots activists, leaders and advocates for a just, peaceful world. WLP creates culturally-specific leadership curricula and trainings on democratic participation, and conducts peer to peer capacity building for organizations in the global South to help them empower women to fulfill greater leadership roles at the family, community and national levels. The partnership also conducts research-based advocacy campaigns to reform laws and practices that impede women’s full participation in the life of their communities and societies. Over the past decade, WLP’s programs and training materials, published in twenty languages, have reached thousands of women in over forty countries, strengthening local organizations to become self-sustaining and to power women’s movements across the globe.
Job Description: WLP is seeking a dynamic individual with an interest in international human rights and who will have the primary responsibility for all day-to-day accounting, finance, and human resources administration functions at WLP. The position is based at the WLP liaison office in Bethesda, Maryland. Responsibilities include:
- In consultation with the President and the Chief Operating Officer, prepare annual organizational budget and project proposal budgets;
- Prepare liquidity requests and financial reports for senior management, board, and funders, as required;
- Monitor monthly cash flow and long-term financial plans;
- Monitor all federal and 501(c)(3) related filings;
- Coordinate and prepare for the annual audit, and any additional project grant audits as required;
- Manage administrative and finance functions including human resources, procurement and facilities management;
- Manage pension account payments and filing requirements;
- Manage payroll processing and administration;
- Manage health insurance, HSA, workers compensation, and business insurance renewals and reporting requirements;
- Record monthly and year end adjusting journal entries as needed;
- Maintain donor tracking systems;
- Manage and coordinate the financial aspects.
- Manage grant payments and financial reporting requirements.
- Maintain Financial Management manual;
- Provide guidance to Partner Organizations concerning financial management;
- Responsible for compliance with GAAP and nonprofit industry standards;
- Responsible for the management of all vendor relationships;
- Expertise with MS Excel and business accounting software is required (familiarity with QuickBooks preferred);
- 4+ years of related nonprofit accounting experience required;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration preferred;
- Experience with an international NGO preferred;
- Human resources experience preferred.
Applicant must have permission to work in the US, if not a US citizen or permanent resident. WLP is unable to sponsor work permits.
Please email your cover letter, resume, a list of three references, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Manager”.
No calls please.